CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Convegno

Once a year in August the Italians have what is called Convegno... and its a meeting for any and all Churches of Christ in Italy, they all have an open invitation. Well Wednesday night the other three and I loaded up and headed to florence. Drove to the Huf villa outside of Scandicci, and started to meet people instantly. There were about 50 people that showed up ranging from nothern italy as Milano and as south as Taranto.

It was such a good spiritual uplift and opportunity to make connections with other churches.. one thing that excited me about the convegno was that there were other people closer to my age. most of my friends here are over 24 and some of them are my parents age....... weird i know. Despite the slight language barriers we managed to have some good laughs and conversations. Even thought all the lessons and classes were in Italian.... i got and understood a good third of what was going on which made me happy.

Overall the Convegno was an amazing experience i believe for all of those involved...

0 comments: