CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 20, 2009

August Newsletter

First off i want to apologize for not keeping in touch very well lately and i have no excuse for it and im sorry.... all my supporters and my congregation... you guys deserve this. alright... so for those of you who are not really familiar with the Italian culture August is the month that everyone takes off for vacation.. Its been like a ghost town around here lately.

Well being vacation month the team and I took a trip to Rome and Pompeii. There was so much to do and see..... it was a good couple days. In Rome we of course we went to the Coloseo... pictured above. It is so big and so fascinating walking through and around it... so much history... but Pompeii is what really got me...... i said before i walked in there that "Its just a bunch of Rocks"...... man was i wrong.... this was such a fascinating place.. so historical, a place frozen in time. the thing that got me the most was the bodies....a family buried together.
You could even see their facial expressions and some of thier bones........ there is one picture that i took that is a body of a man praying......this picture amazes me but it also brings out a few questions
1. Who were they praying to?
2. Would they normally pray or is it just in an emergency situation

I also got to hang out with my italian friends on some nights....

Since our congregation isn't having church during August, we went to the Florence congregation. its a church full of sweet people.
Over all i had such a good August and i want to thank all my supporters for making this possible

0 comments: