CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 10, 2008

Technological Tiedown







Have you seen any of the nooma video's.... and im not talking about the guy dancing to the japanese song... im talking about the videos that Rob Bell is talking about things in life that he thinks affects his spiritual life and tries to apply them to other people.... this particular video struck me cause it is so true and apply to my generation and most of the generation before me. This video is called noise, Rob is talking about how we are so tied up with technology that we don't have quiet time with God anymore. I have a question for you guys. At this very moment can you tell me where your bible is? How about your cell phone or Ipod? My youth minister about a month before i left asked everyone to take out their cell phones and ipods and pile them up in the front of the room.... it was a big pile. Then he asked everyone to hold up their bibles, and only about half of the kids had their bibles.... me included. It made me think " why don't i know where the important things in my life are. Since AIM i have not seen that problem, atleast not from AIMers. Iv'e done way better about almost constantly having my bible on me or close in the house or vehicle. Back to the video... Silence is important if you want quiet time with God. I took a vow of silence for two days... and if you know me at all you know that is so difficult for me, because i love to talk. Probably way to much, especially if it's something im knowledgable about, like skateboarding, and, now im happy to say im getting that way with my bible.

I want to challenge you to take some time to pray to God. My Life of Christ teacher Pat Schaeffer made this what he called a Life Assignment. Go off by yourself and pray for an hour and then go home again be by yourself, and write down your feelings and thoughts about your time..... i promise you will feel so good afterward... or at least i did....

0 comments: