CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 24, 2008

My Why I Want To Go To AIM Letter


I’m one of a whole lot of words…. as long as they’re coming out of my mouth but me trying to put them on paper doesn’t always work out just real well. I will however in the best interest of the person who gets to read this try to make it interesting and not like the other 80 or so they may also be having to read.

In a world of AIMers one man… Oh wait, the story can’t start like that. AIM is a teamwork thing. One group stands together in a struggle that has been around for a long, long time…. Non-believers. It’s not our place to condemn, them not in the least, but to help them see Jesus and understand that he is always there for him. So we as AIMers have to go in with our guns drawn and firing....(director) “Wait that’s not how it goes.” (me) “Well do you want the story to be interesting or do you want it to be true?
(director) “Well…so far it’s neither. We don’t have to take any shots at non-believers, and in fact it would be the totally wrong thing to do.”

I first knew about AIM through Teenage Crusade for Christ (TCC); AIM always had a booth there, and I would always take the really neat key chains and not think a thing about it. If I had known at that time in my life that I would want to do AIM it would have made things so much easier for me. I like the fact that AIM is giving me an opportunity to do what I think I have a knack for which is meeting new people and sharing my beliefs and letting them know where I come from and where Im headed in life. If your around me for more than five minuets you will learn quickly that I am a very social butterfly and maybe a little to much some times because ive been the token annoying kid before.

AIMers came to Childress last year to do service projects and I was in awe of how sure they were in what they were doing. How they showed you Jesus just by the way they acted and talked and treated one another. How everyone just got along so well. Christian means little Christ or Christ like and the AIMers were just that.

One of the main reasons I want to go to AIM and probably the biggest one is that I can help others begin there walk with Christ while I grow closer to God and learn more about his awesomeness. Everyone needs to grow closer to God. In my opinion no one is done spiritually growing until they are walking close enough to hold God’s hand. Which I’m not sure if anyone can achieve that. That’s were I hope to come in help people reach out to Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're quite an inspiration, Evan. It's so uplifting to read this coming from a young person still in high school. You always hear so much about what it wrong with youth in this country today, but you are a shining example of what is RIGHT! May God continue to bless your journey.

Also, and this must be said, judging from the picture in this post, you are INCREDIBLY cute!!

Evan Williams said...

thank you anonymous i appreciate your comment and i welcome you back any time that have...and people say i get my looks from my dad.